One week from today is the Superbowl! For me, that doesn’t mean much except a fun day for entertaining, good food, and friends. You can find some of my favorite game day recipes here. In college I loved cheese fries. I mean I really loved cheese fries. Pile on chili or gravy and I was set. Those days are behind me, and thankfully so, but that doesn’t mean I can’t get a hint of my go-to late night diner order, right? Chili fries made with crispy sweet potato wedges and my turkey chili sans beans! Perfect healthy junk food!
Sweet Potato Chili Fries
Write a review
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Click here for the chili
- 1. Make chili and set aside
- 2. Preheat oven to 400
- 3. Cut sweet potato into wedges
- 4. In a small bowl, combine spices and oil- mix well
- 5. Toss sweet potatoes with mixture
- 6. Place a small rack on baking sheet
- *TIP: Baking sweet potatoes on a rack will allow all sides to get crispy!
- 7. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping at 20, or until crisp
- 8. Place fries on plate and cover with chili
- 9. Garnish with scallions, avocado, and any other toppings you desire!
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/