Happy Healthy Food Friday!
This week I’m thinking of my most recent get away this past long weekend, where we ended up on a local farm filled with tons of fresh produce. I of course was a kid in a candy shop and took home an abundance of goodies. Let’s start with zucchini. At this point if you’ve been around the blog a while, you know my favorite way of using zucchini is making pasta dishes! Zucchini linguine, or “zoodles,” have become widely popular due to the amazing Spiralizer.
Zucchini linguine is an awesome way to have those pasta dishes you love, completely guilt-free.
Roasted garlic, delicious olive oil, Himalayan sea salt, a hint of spice, and fresh parmesan cheese. Flavor heaven.
Roasted Garlic Chicken and Veggie Primavera
- 1 lb. organic chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Himalayan sea salt (spread out)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil
- 3. Cut a smaller piece of foil
- 4. Cut the very top off the garlic head, exposing a bit of each clove
- 5. Place on smaller piece of foil
- 6. Drizzle 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 7. Wrap and let bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown
- 8. Let cool before tossing into primavera
- 1. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil
- 2. Add in 1 crushed garlic clove and red pepper flakes, let heat for 1 minute
- 3. Add in cubed chicken and sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt
- 4. Let cook 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked
- 5. Remove chicken and set aside
- 6. Add additional tbsp oil
- 7. Add sliced onion, broccoli rabbe, tomatoes, and any other veggies of choice (wait on the spinach and spiralized zucchini
- 8. Sprinkle with salt, garlic granules, and red pepper flakes; let sauté until veggies are soft, add in spinach at the end and toss until wilted (if your roasted garlic is cool, add a clove or two to the veggies)
- 9. Add veggies into the bowl with your chicken
- 10. Add additional tbsp of oil to your skillet, add red pepper flakes (optional), then add in zucchini noodles
- 11. Let sauté, mixing often for 3-4 minutes (you don't want them soggy)
- 12. Drain them and add them to your chicken and veggie bowl
- 13. Toss with additional Himalayan sea salt, fresh parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, freshly ground pepper, and red pepper flakes
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tasty-Yummies
Spinach Zucchini Noodle Lasagna from Inspiralized
Zucchini Fritter Cups from PaleOMG
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread from With Food and Love
Spiralized Pesto Pasta from Brittany Angell
Zucchini Summer Skillet with Poached Eggs from How Sweet Eats
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini from The Healthy Maven
Shrimp and Zucchini Stir Fry from Cookin’ Canuck
Zucchini Chips from The Copper Collective
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Olives and Mint from Gourmande in the Kitchen
How do you zucchini?! What foods have you eaten on vacation that you HAD to come home and recreate?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!