A few weeks back I shared my Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad and it’s become one of my most popular recipes of the month, and with us too. So much flavor. I love a salad that has tons of great flavor additions.
Last week I guest judged a fun event at my local Whole Foods, promoting their Cherry Chopped Fest (tons of great recipes + a pretty awesome cherry sale). They hooked me up with a ton of Cherries and I knew getting creative with them was going to be fun!
I started off with some seriously healthy Cherry Lemonade Popsicles, and decided I wanted something savory next. This cherry salsa would be awesome on top of some grilled chicken, seafood, and any other kind of meat you’d like. In the salad? They add a great sweetness and an awesome texture.
Steak Salad with Cherry Salsa
- 1 lb. grass-fed NY Strip Steak
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, separate
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- Dash Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Caramelized onions
- Sunflower Seeds
- Golden Raisins
- Any other additions you'd like!
- *Cast iron skillet makes for a nice crisp outer layer to your steak
- **Cook time will depend on thickness and size of steak
- Top with a touch of some good balsamic vinegar