It’s all about peaches right now. The farm stands are packed with fresh juicy peaches that are just waiting to be bought, and of course I stocked up. I asked some of you on Instagram what your favorite peach recipes were and was salivating over my phone thinking about all of the responses!
Peaches are packed with vitamins and minerals, they are a low calorie snack, and they are beyond delicious. This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express I want to focus on two things… caramelized peaches that are literally perfect on top of anything, and a new pancake recipe that will knock your socks off. Literally.
Peaches for days. Let’s do this!
These pancakes are: fluffy, perfectly sweetened, contains hints of cinnamon, and an awesome crunch.Brown butter caramelized peaches on everything. Trust me.
Cinnamon Crunch Pancakes with Brown Butter Caramelized Peaches
Write a review
Brown Butter Caramelized Peaches
- 2-21/2 cups peaches, peeled and dsliced
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1. In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, cinnamon, dash of sea salt
- 2. Add in eggs, apple sauce, and palm shortening- mix to combine
- 3. Heat grass-fed butter in a skillet over medium and pour in batter
- 4. Let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- 5. Continue with remaining batter
- 6. In a separate skillet heat butter for 1-2 minutes, add in peaches and sprinkle with palm sugar until dissolves- let cook for 3-4 minutes, mixing often until peaches are soft and butter is brown and has thickened
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/