cup blanched almond flour
cup tapioca flour
cup unsweetened apple sauce
teaspoon baking powder
Dash of Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and dash of sea salt.
- Add in eggs and apple sauce and mix to combine.
- Place round molds or large mason jar lids on a baking sheet and grease well.
- Pour batter into molds until almost at the top, a little less.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean*
- Let cool slightly, slice in half, and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Baking time might vary slightly based on how thin or thick you make your rolls
- I use round molds or mason jar lids, and it yields 4 fluffy sandwich rolls. See the comments for how readers have adapted!
- Updated 2/2017. I used to add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or palm shortening but don't find it necessary for the texture so it has been removed.
Total Carbohydrate 17.3g