What is better than easy french toast sticks for a weekend brunch or breakfast treat? Everything is more fun when you’re dipping it into syrup, am I right? No seriously, dipping is just way more fun.
Today for Healthy Food Friday with American Express I am keeping up the Mother’s Day theme- just in time for the big day, treat your mom in the best way possible. These french toast sticks are the real deal. They use my sandwich bread recipe, which is a reader favorite, and the perfect french toast batter- like the kind my mom used to make, but guilt-free!
These are… just the right amount of sweet, perfect bread texture, and reminiscent of your favorite childhood breakfast.
Dip and devour!
Don’t forget to freeze some for later, so you have an easy on-the-go breakfast the following week!
French Toast Sticks
Write a review
- 1 batch Sandwich Rolls, using a greased mini loaf pan*
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, cashew, or almond)
- 1/4 cup syrup, for serving
- 2 tbsp organic powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make batch of bread following directions on the recipe
- Slice bread into strips
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk
- Dip bread into the mixture covering each side of the bread, repeat until all sticks are coated
- Heat butter in a skillet and place coated bread pieces into the pan for 2 minutes
- Flip, and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the other side
- Remove and serve with syrup**
- *I doubled the bread loaf and used this mini loaf pan. Any pan will work!
- **If coating with the cinnamon sugar, combine the two and toss onto sticks immediately after removing from the pan
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/