You may or may not know via Instagram that I’m currently doing a little Whole30. I’m doing this to kick-start my nutrition in areas where I’ve ‘fallen off the wagon’ a little bit. One too many baked goods taste-testing for the blog, you know what I mean?
Anyway, Along this 30-day journey I’ve been wanting some awesome lunches that are nutritious and will fuel me with energy for the day! For me, that’s a combination of protein + healthy fats + good carbs. Can you guess where this is headed?! My new favorite lunch recipe as of today. It is just so divine.
Sweet potatoes are just the best. We especially love Japanese sweet potatoes with their maroon-ish skin and fleshy white potato center!
The Avocado Crema will be making an appearance in all of my upcoming Mexican salads, plates, and taco nights. Oh, and breakfast too. I can totally see this with eggs. It is just perfection.
Packed with flavor
Perfectly cooked Spicy Shrimp
Topped with creamy Avocado Crema
Easy to throw together
Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boats with Avocado Crema
Write a review
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp full-fat coconut milk, other nut milks may work
- 1/4 tsp fresh lime juice
- Dash fine pink sea salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes*
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Wash your sweet potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until fork tender
- Once cooked, remove and let cool
- Once cooled, slice down the middle and scoop out the center leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so the sweet potatoes can stand up on their own
- In a bowl combine shrimp spices and toss shrimp with oil and spice blend
- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and add shrimp
- Cook shrimp until opaque and set aside
- Combine all avocado crema ingredients in your high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Place shrimp in sweet potato, top with crema, garnish with cilantro, and serve!
- *I use Japanese sweet potatoes
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/