These Baked Saucy Garlic Wings are the perfect addition to your Superbowl party, or tonight’s dinner! Slather on the garlicky, delicious sauce for some crowd pleasing wings!
First, let’s chat a bit! Remember a few months back I was in Atlanta with some bloggers for a fun Tuttorosso event with Chef Hugh Acheson?
Well, at the event, the Tuttorosso ladies set up a canned tomato tasting and we were all mind blown. Quite literally. I’ve never taste-tested canned tomatoes, because it’s not a typical thing to eat out of a can, and oh my, you guys….There is such a difference it’s really just insane. Between texture, flavor, appearance, color, and so much more. It really is interesting to check out.
SO, I decided to do a little experiment at home to show you.
We have two different cans, same type of tomatoes (whole, peeled plum tomatoes). I cracked open the cans (not literally cracked), but you get the idea. Just look at the difference between these two tomatoes.
Tuttorosso’s tomatoes were hands down the freshest, tastiest, and were uniformed (as you can see). The Tuttorosso can had no peels in the sauce, no taste from the can, etc. Canned tomatoes are used so often in recipes, and for good reason, so it definitely is a fun little experiment to try at home so you can really taste and see the difference in the canned tomatoes you are using!
Now… to the wings!
The Superbowl is right around the corner. For good measure and for some good taste-testers, I made these wings for last’s week championship game and everybody loved them!
They are perfectly cooked. Saucy, garlicky, and finger-lickin’ good.
Baked Saucy Garlic Wings
Write a review
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Tuttorosso tomato sauce*
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: Red pepper flakes
- 3 lb. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and minced garlic and mix for 2 minutes
- Add in additional sauce ingredients and mix to combine
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes until thick and slightly reduced
- While cooking, toss the wings with salt, pepper, and oil
- Line on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Once wings are cooked, remove from the oven and toss with sauce (reserve about 1/3 for dipping)
- Place back on baking sheet and place oven on broil (high)
- Broil wings for 5 minutes to get them nice and crispy
- Serve with additional sauce and fresh chopped cilantro
- *Can use sauce in the whole or diced tomatoes, or blend up 1 cup of the tomatoes.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/