Simply put, I love Mexican breakfast dishes. Especially these Breakfast Fajitas! What’s in it? Fajita peppers and onions, scrambled eggs, tons of flavor, and garnished with all of your favorites toppings!
We often pop into this tiny, local Mexican restaurant that has the most delicious breakfast. Something about the combination of flavors + eggs is just SO good.
On another note, what is new with you guys? I’ve been posting a little bit less lately, so I can work hard to make my cookbook just PERFECT for you (more details soon). But check out the homepage, there are tons of new recipes that have instantly become reader favorites.
Aside from cookbook work, I’ve been WEDDING PLANNING like crazy! Checking things off the list because August will be here before we know it!
Write a review
Fajita Peppers & Onions
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced (save the other half to garnish with)
- 4 to 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought salsa
- Heat oil and garlic in a skillet
- Add in sliced peppers and onions; let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until they begin to soften
- Add in paprika, cayenne salt, garlic powder, salt, and lime juice, mix well to combine
- Lower heat to low and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, until flavors have combined and peppers and onions are soft
- While cooking, scramble eggs and top with optional cheese if adding
- Assemble plates: place desired amount of fajita peppers and onions on your plate, top with eggs, and serve with avocado, jalapeño, and salsa
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/