Classic Chicken Soup
garlic cloves, minced
celery stalks, diced
whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
cup chopped fresh dill
teaspoon fine sea salt, more for salting the chicken and more to taste
teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- Place garlic, carrots, onion, and celery into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with sea salt, then add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add in the water, dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, discard the bay leaf and remove the chicken to shred. Discard the skin and bones.
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- I buy pasture-raised chickens whenever possible.