This homemade bark is the best holiday gift! It’s delicious, customizable, and festive. Everybody will love these gift bags, and the bonus of a copper cookie cutter!
Day 3 of DIY Gift Week is here!
Monday: Espresso Candied Pecans
Tuesday: Best Ever Chicken Rub
Today: HOMEMADE BARK!
When I was a teacher, a student brought me in a package of homemade bark made in cookie cutters, and it was the cutest, most festive holiday treat! I’ll be gift giving bark all season long!
What you’ll need:
Card Stock (White) Card Stock (Brown)
Write a review
- 1 10 oz. bag dark chocolate or chocolate of choice
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Caramel from the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- 1-2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried bing cherries, golden raisins, or dried fruit of choice
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Heat chocolate using a double broiler method (Bring one inch of water to a simmer in a small pot. Set the heatproof bowl over the mouth of the pot (water should not touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir chocolate as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat and stir to melt the rest).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour out chocolate and lightly spread into a rectangle onto parchment paper. Place into the fridge until bark hardens.
- If using cookie cutters: lightly grease and pour chocolate to desired thickness (1/4 inch or so). Add toppings and place in fridge until bark hardens.
- Wrap in cellophane with a bow for the perfect holiday gift!
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to gift.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/
Download your free printable labels here!
Try these bark variations:
Grab your free printable labels here!
Happy DIY gift week! Check back for more the rest of the week!