1.In a medium skillet sauté onion and garlic until the onion turns translucent and the garlic begins to brown. Turn off heat, let cool and place in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add scallions, carrots, spices, parsley, lemon juice, and almond flour.
3. Place the shredded beet in a paper towel or cheesecloth, squeeze out as much liquid as you can, and add it to the carrot mixture.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and tapioca powder to form a thick paste. Add the paste to the beet/carrot mixture and stir until just combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with avocado oil.
6. Once the oil is at frying temperature (365℉), spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make a fritter that is about 2 inches in diameter. Use the spatula to help form it. Let fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the fritters start to crisp up and turn a deep brown. Repeat with remaining veggie batter.
7. Place the cooked fritters on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside until ready to serve. Serve warm.