The lunch box is not complete without a sweet little treat. If you’ve been sending a piece of fruit all week, switch it up with these good-for-you flourless brownies!
I snuck in an ingredient that’s packed with nutrients and healthy fats, and nobody will know it.
This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s make some delicious, fudge-y brownies and get your family to eat some goodness in while we are at it!
Are you ready to take a bite?
Secret veggie ingredient: avocado.
Write a review
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Heat chocolate and butter in a double boiler over the stove until melted
- In a blender, blend avocado until smooth
- Mix avocado into chocolate mixture
- Add in eggs and whisk to combine
- Add in maple syrup, maple sugar (or coconut palm sugar), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and vanilla
- Add in chocolate chunks and pour into baking dish
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before cutting
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/