Another week, another great Healthy Food Friday with American Express! This month we’re celebrating Summer fun, and what better than to celebrate with a healthy kid-friendly jam that can be topped or spread on everything! Ice cream, crepes, oatmeal, muffins, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, toast, or even have a spoonful plain!
Blueberries are a superfood that I simply cannot get enough of. When they are back in season I stock up weekly and when they’re just about to go out of season, I freeze a bunch for smoothies and muffins!
Say good-bye to store-bought jam loaded with preservatives and sugars. You are going to be amazed at how quickly this jam comes together, and how thick it gets! I give the credit to the chia seeds, a super healthy seed used as the thickener!
Perfectly spreadable healthy jam! Easy as that, in under 30 minutes!
Apple, Pear, and Blueberry Crisp from Against All Grain
Summer Berry Probiotic Smoothie from Tasty-Yummies
Blueberry Rosemary Ice Cream from PaleOMG & Civilized Caveman’s new book!
Blueberry Coffee Cake from Fit Foodie Finds
Grain-Free Blueberry Scones from Brittany Angell
Blueberry Superfood Smoothie from The Healthy Maven
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite flavor jam and what do you spread it on?
Everything is better as a donut, right? I recently bought a donut pan and am absolutely loving it. I’ve been making tons of healthy treats and serving them in the form of donuts; which is definitely surprising to my family and friends! These were fabulous. I kept them in the fridge and ate them as a protein snack throughout the week.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use grass-fed whey)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Handful of fresh organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease donut tin
- In one medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond meal, protein powder, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, banana, coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mix well
- Fold in blueberries, and mix
- Pour into donut tins and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean