This Slow Cooker Chicken and Veggie Dinner has everything you want, made in one slow cooker dish. It tastes like a big ‘ol Thanksgiving meal! Tender chicken and flavorful veggies that are cooked to perfection.
Happy Slow Cooker Sunday! I am in love with this dish. Truly. It took me a few rounds to get it where I wanted it to be for you to make it, and MAN is this delicious.
I love the flavors that these fresh herbs add. Like Thanksgiving dinner!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Veggie Dinner
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 potatoes, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- Place the garlic, onions, carrots, potatoes, pepper, and sweet potato in the insert of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place on top of veggies in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Place on high for 3 hours, or on low for 7 hours.
- Once done, place your oven on broil and transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Broil on high for 1 minute to crisp up the chicken skin.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and serve hot.
- 1. For fully dairy-free, omit butter
- 2. I prefer this without sweet potato as it gets a drop soft.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/