This Tomato Basil Soup With Grilled Cheese is my new comfort food favorite. The tomato soup is creamy, flavorful, and smooth and pairs perfectly with this homemade gluten-free and grain-free grilled cheese!
I am so excited to partner with AllModern.com to bring you today’s fabulous recipe. I currently cannot get enough of Le Creuset’s Cerise Collection. I love the pop of bold red throughout my kitchen! It warms up my space, while this soup + sandwich pairing warms up our hearts and stomachs!
I’ve had a lot of good tomato soup in my day, and this one is up there with all of my favorites. It’s rich and creamy, without any added dairy! The extra aromatic veggies add so much flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make! You will love this soup time and time again.
If you’re looking to do a little holiday shopping this year for yourself or for your loved ones, here are my current Le Creuset favorites and must-haves:
Must-haves that I use daily:
Cast Iron Precision Pour Saucepan / Dutch Oven / Cast Iron Signature Skillet / Tea Kettle / Casserole Dish
Bonus little extras:
Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, about 1 cup small dice
- 2 carrots, about 1/2 cup small dice
- 2 stalks of celery, omit if you don't have a high-speed blender
- 1 28 ounce of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 batch of the All-Purpose Sandwich Bread on page 80 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- 2 teaspoons grass-fed butter
- Sliced cheddar cheese, or cheese of choice
- Add extra virgin olive oil to your soup pot and let heat up for 2 minutes. Once hot add in diced onions, carrots, celery, and cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and veggies are flagrant.
- Add in the tomatoes, spices, basil and vegetable broth. Save additional basil for garnish.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reduce heat and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve hot.
- Make sandwich bread and let cool. Slice bread and place 2 slices of cheese in the centered. Brush bread with additional butter. Heat butter in a skillet and place grilled cheese in the skillet. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, covered, on each side until cheese is melted and bread is crispy.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/