This Harvest Salad has all the ingredients you’ll want in a Fall dish! Packed with chopped kale, roasted squash, pomegranate seeds, toasted pecans and topped with a super easy & delicious Maple Balsamic for the absolute perfect Thanksgiving salad!
My fabulous blogging girlfriends are here with me today bringing you healthy sides for your Thanksgiving feast. I am in love with this month’s round up because I mean… check out these recipes! Gorgeous, delicious, and good-for-you! I call it a WIN. Your family and friends will thank you, too!
Cauliflower Stuffing from The Healthy Maven
This healthy, low-carb cauliflower rice stuffing will convince your Thanksgiving guests to jump on board the cauliflower rice train, while secretly getting them to eat more veggies! Plus it’s ready in under 20 minutes.
Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Almonds from Eating Bird Food
Add some green to your holiday table with this flavorful recipe for tender crisp green beans tossed with caramelized shallots, toasted almonds and fresh parsley.
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce from Running to the Kitchen
This simple cranberry sauce is made with just 5 ingredients. Make it in the slow cooker and save the stove-top space for all the other Thanksgiving sides.
Vegan Scalloped Sweet Potatoes from Food Faith Fitness
These easy scalloped sweet potatoes are SO creamy and flavorful, you’ll have a hard time believing they’re secretly healthy and paleo and vegan friendly!
Balsamic Sea Salt Brussels Sprouts from Fit Foodie Finds
Make these delicious Balsamic Sea Salt Roasted Brussels Sprouts this holiday season for the most delicious vegan and paleo side that everyone will gobble up!
Now… my Harvest Salad.
You guys, I’ve been putting this dressing on EVERYTHING. It is my new favorite. 100%. You need to make it immediately.
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off) for roasting
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice kabocha squash and toss with olive oil and spread across a lined baking sheet
- Roast squash for 30-40 minutes until fork tender
- Remove and set aside
- In a blender combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes, tossing halfway through*
- Assemble salad: kale, squash, pomegranate seeds, toasted pecans
- Top with dressing and serve
- *Watch to avoid burning
What is your favorite Fall flavor combination? What is your go-to side dish for holidays?