Father’s Day weekend = BBQ, BBQ, BBQ!
When I think of wings I naturally think of the fried and unhealthy variation from my good ‘ol college days, but that doesn’t always have to be the case!
This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s transform this wing party into a guilt-free one! These wings are flavor-packed and grilled to perfection. Plus, they are easy breezy! Perfect for anyone on grill duty this weekend.
You’re welcome, Dad!
Not much better than a bucket ‘o wings!
Dry-Rub Grilled Wings
- 2 lb. organic chicken wings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust based on desired spice)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fine pink sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
- Place wings in a plastic bag and add in oil, garlic, and spices- toss to combine.
- Let marinade for 30 minutes up to overnight
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Grease grill and place wings on
- Let cook for 7 minutes then flip for a remaining 7
- Serve with sriracha mayo or desired dipping sauce