1.Pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
2. In a medium skillet over high heat, cook mushrooms and onions until caramelized. About 8-10 minutes.
3. Place sweet potato on a sheet-tray lined with parchment paper. Toss in a teaspoon of olive oil, one teaspoon sea salt, and one teaspoon pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
4. In a food processor add mushrooms, onions, 1 cup of the cooked sweet potato, walnuts, spices, almond flour, egg and chia seeds. Blend until well combined.
5. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and bring the oven temperature down to 350 °F.
6. Shape the sweet potato and mushroom mixture into 6 one-inch patties.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the patties are firm to touch. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm with toppings of choice!