This beet slaw is a tangy and sweet side dish, with all of those farm fresh beets, scallions, and fresh mint! It pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or salmon, or as an addition to any leafy green salad.
Confession: I haven’t always been a huge beet fan.
Lately though with all the beets from the CSA, and experimenting with my new juicer (beet juice is delicious), I’ve taken more of a liking to them! I wanted to throw these beets grated into some sort of a salad. It just seems more appealing grated to me. This slaw came about, since you know I love slaws, and it is packed with the most fabulous flavors.
My garden is bursting with fresh mint, and my CSA is giving me TONS of beets and scallions. I’m throwing all of my favorite flavors together to make a farmer’s market slaw that everybody will love. It comes together quickly for any BBQ or weekend lunch or dinner.
Write a review
- 3 to 4 large raw beets, peeled and grated
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced thin (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 inch chunk ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped fine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- For vegan sub maple syrup for honey.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/