This Paleo Spring Vegetable Quiche is loaded with vegetables and fresh flavors that everyone will love! If you are looking for a beautiful and fresh brunch recipe to impress with this Mother’s Day or Easter Sunday, this recipe is IT! No one will be able to tell that the flaky, buttery crust is gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly!
Whatever the occasion, this gorgeous, fresh, healthy, and flavorful quiche will be the hit of the brunch table!
Flakey, butter-y crust loaded with fresh Spring vegetables and herbs makes for quiche perfection. This recipe can also be customizable! Simply make the crust, roast your favorite Spring veggies, combine them with eggs and spices, bake and BOOM. Brunch perfection.
Top it with avocado slices and some flaky salt!
- 1 batch paleo tart crust (also on page 70 of the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, sliced thinly. Slice a few lengthwise to top the quiche before baking for an added beautiful touch!
- 1 cup fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced, cooked until translucent
- 1/2 cup leeks, diced, cooked until translucent
- 1 cup red Swiss chard, both the leafy green and the stem, sliced thin and cooked until wilted.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bunch Chives, sliced thin
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Prepare one batch of tart curst and place in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F. Roast asparagus and potatoes for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender. Broil for 1 minute at the end to add extra color to the vegetables.
3. While vegetables are roasting, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onion, leek, swiss chard, and garlic. Cook until onions turn translucent and swiss chard begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add roasted veggies, cooked onion mixture, eggs, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well.
5. Bring the oven down to 350 °F. Grease desired tart pan, and gently press the chilled dough into the center, filling up the sides and the bottom. Par-bake for 5 minutes, just until the dough starts to rise. The dough should still be raw.
6. Pour quiche mixture into tart pan. Garnish with chives and nicely cut asparagus. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
7. Garnish with additional chives, sea salt, and avocado. Serve warm!