Another week, another great Healthy Food Friday with American Express! This month we’re celebrating Summer fun, and what better than to celebrate with a healthy kid-friendly jam that can be topped or spread on everything! Ice cream, crepes, oatmeal, muffins, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, toast, or even have a spoonful plain!
Blueberries are a superfood that I simply cannot get enough of. When they are back in season I stock up weekly and when they’re just about to go out of season, I freeze a bunch for smoothies and muffins!
Say good-bye to store-bought jam loaded with preservatives and sugars. You are going to be amazed at how quickly this jam comes together, and how thick it gets! I give the credit to the chia seeds, a super healthy seed used as the thickener!
Easy Blueberry Jam
Write a review
- 2 cups fresh organic blueberries
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1. Coat blueberries with raw honey
- 2. Transfer coated blueberries to a pot and add lemon juice
- 3. Heat over medium/low heat until blueberries are soft and bubbling (5 minutes)
- 4. Lightly smash blueberries and reduce heat slightly
- 5. Add in chia seeds and mix to combine
- 6. Bring heat back to medium/low and let bubble (but not burn) until jam thickens (another 5 or so minutes)
- 7. Turn heat off and let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to jars
- 8. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/