I make breakfast skillets so much that they have taken on their own hashtag on Instagram (#LCKBREAKFASTSKILLET). I love them because they are super simple, super customizable, and beyond delicious. I always get multiple requests for the recipe, so I thought I’d walk you through it for Healthy Food Friday with American Express!
Sometimes I throw some other veggies, like spinach, onion, and sweet potato, into the mix, but most of the time it’s as simple (and tasty) as this 3-Igredient Skillet. I love using a good salsa because it gives you all the flavors you need! Literally, you don’t even need to spice this beauty. It’s. ALL. Packed. In!
3-Ingredient Breakfast Skillet
Write a review
- 3/4-1 lb. organic ground turkey (or grass-fed beef)
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 6 organic eggs*
- Grease skillet and place turkey into it
- Cook until turkey browns
- Add in salsa and mix to combine, let cook together for 2-3 minutes
- Crack in eggs and cover skillet for 7 minutes or until egg whites are opaque**
- *Adjust based on how many people you are serving. Example: If you're making it for 2 people, and you want 2 eggs each, reduce the amount as desired.
- **Cooking time will vary based on how yolky you want your eggs
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/