This 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip is the perfect lightened-up appetizer to serve for game-day or for any gathering! It is simple to prepare, made with minimal ingredients, has all of the buffalo chicken flavors you love, and it’s made with a healthy, creamy alternative: hummus.
If you’ve never had warm hummus and think it sounds strange, you simply need to try it. It is SO good!
The first time I tried a baked hummus appetizer was on our Hampton’s Retreat. We made Liz’ Mexican Layered Hummus Dip and I was SOLD. I knew I had to make a version for LCK that you guys would absolutely love, too!
It’s creamy, healthy, lightened-up, so flavorful, and made with only FIVE ingredients. You can also prep this earlier in the day, or the day before, and then bake it right before serving. Party WIN.
Watch the video:
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 8 ounce tubs garlic hummus or spicy hummus
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cucumber slices
- Carrot spears
- Tortilla chips
- Plantain Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl add chicken, hot sauce, and black pepper. Mix until combined. Add in hummus and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into an 8x8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with cheese.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
5. Top with garnishes and serve warm with cut-up vegetables and tortilla chips
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!