Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/7-layer-taco-dip/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
7 Layer Taco Dip
This 7 Layer Taco Dip is just what any party, or fun Saturday night needs! 7 layers of Mexican inspired flavor that is so delicious! This dip is gluten-free and optionally dairy-free and paleo!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-15 ounce red or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided (2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced, divided
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 3 tomatoes, finely diced, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional, omit for paleo / Whole30 / dairy-free)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Tortilla chips and sliced red peppers, for serving
Make Refried Beans:
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat. When hot add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon of paprika and let and spices and let cook until fragrant, about 30 minute.
- Add the beans to the saucepan and ¼ cup water. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Mash to desired consistency using a potato masher or fork.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When hot add and beef.
- Cook beef until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon of paprika . Turn heat to medium-low and let cook for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened and then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado and add cilantro, 1/3 cup diced red onion, 1/3 cup diced tomato, 2 teaspoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
Assemble (and broil) dish:
- Preheat broiler to 525ºF. In an 8"x8" or similar sized oven safe dish, place the refried beans. Smooth over.
- Add 1/2 the beef mixture. Smooth over.
- Add the salsa. Smooth over.
- Add guacamole. Smooth over.
- Add remaining beef. Smooth over.
- Add cheese. Place under broiler until brown and bubbly.
- Add remaining lettuce, red onion and tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips and / or veggie sticks.
- For paleo / Whole30 : omit the cheese layer and make a double the guacamole and to replace the refried bean layer
- For dairy free: omit the cheese, add another layer of salsa if desired!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.