Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/8-budget-friendly-lunches/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Broccoli Pesto
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless breast, diced to 1-1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 8oz. container mozzarella bocconcini
- Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and toss to coat.
- Assemble 8 skewers by alternating two pieces chicken and two grape tomatoes, leaving room on both ends for mozzarella balls after grilling.
- Prepare a grill, or heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Place skewers on grill grate or pan, being careful not to overcrowd, for 5 minutes. Cover the grill, or the grill pan. Flip the chicken, and continue to cook uncovered for an additional 3 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through and reached 165º and let cool briefly.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, broccoli, basil, lemon juice and zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a high-speed blender and blend until completely combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Meanwhile, cook 16 ounce bag cauli-rice: heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons broccoli pesto and add cauli-rice and cook for 3-5 minutes until hot.
- Once skewers are cool enough to handle, place mozzarella balls on each end.
- Divide caulirice and skewers in 4 Ello meal prep containers and top with broccoli pesto, or place in small container.
- These are the small mozzarella balls about 2" in diameter.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.