Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/apple-galette/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Apple Galette
This gluten free apple galette is the perfect holiday and fall dessert. It's easy to prepare, SO delicious, and nobody will know it's gluten-free and grain-free!
- 1 egg
- tablespoon water
- Additional coconut sugar or turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make Almond Flour Pie Crust or Oat Flour Pie Crust. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper, roll out dough to about a 12 inch circle. Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill while making apple filling.
- In a bowl, combine apple filling ingredients and toss until completely coated.
- Place apple filling in the center of the dough, leaving about a 1-1/2" border. Use parchment paper to carefully carefully fold up the sides of the pastry. Pinch the dough together if any cracks form.
- Whisk together egg with water, then brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with optional coconut sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until crust is crispy and golden
- Remove and let cool before slicing
- We used gala apples when making this! Reference the Guide to Apples for other good choices.
- Arrowroot starch can be substituted for tapioca starch.
- Galette can be made up to one day ahead! Store, covered at room temperature for 1 day. If storing longer place in the refrigerator.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.