Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/apple-galette/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Apple Galette
- 1 egg
- tablespoon water
- Additional coconut sugar or turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make Almond Flour Pie Crust or Oat Flour Pie Crust. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper, roll out dough to about a 12 inch circle. Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill while making apple filling.
- In a bowl, combine apple filling ingredients and toss until completely coated.
- Place apple filling in the center of the dough, leaving about a 1-1/2" border. Use parchment paper to carefully carefully fold up the sides of the pastry. Pinch the dough together if any cracks form.
- Whisk together egg with water, then brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with optional coconut sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until crust is crispy and golden
- Remove and let cool before slicing
- We used gala apples when making this! Reference the Guide to Apples for other good choices.
- Arrowroot starch can be substituted for tapioca starch.
- Galette can be made up to one day ahead! Store, covered at room temperature for 1 day. If storing longer place in the refrigerator.
Loading nutrition data...