Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/apple-sage-breakfast-sausage/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Apple Sage Breakfast Sausage
This Apple Sage Sausage recipe is the perfect addition to your morning breakfast! They are simple to prepare and packed with flavor.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium apple, shredded, with the juice squeezed out (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 tablespoons Breakfast Sausage Blend (page 257)
- 1 to 2 fresh sage leaves, minced, plus additional whole leaves for garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ghee or butter, for the pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, apple, onions, spice blend, and chopped sage and mix with your hands until everything is evenly incorporated. Form the mixture into 8 evenly sized patties.
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, place the patties in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and browned.
- If desired, fry some sage leaves (about 1 per patty) in the pork fat left in the pan until crispy to garnish the sausage patties.
MAKE IT 21DSD: Use a green apple (Granny Smith) in this recipe.
Shared with permission from Diane Sanfilippo
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.