Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/avocado-gazpacho-with-shrimp/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Mexican Avocado Gazpacho with Cajun Shrimp
This Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp is such a refreshing soup for a hot day! You can customize it by adding in a few extra toppings, like corn or tomatoes. This gazpacho soup with shrimp is the perfect dish for a summer party or an easy lunch or dinner when it's hot outside! It's creamy, but dairy-free and Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 small cucumber, peeled
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1 ear corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- basil, sliced thin for garnish
- splash extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- red chili pepper, sliced, for garnish
- To a blender (or food processor) add avocado, cucumber, vegetable broth, shallot, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, make shrimp: Pat shrimp dry and season with chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a small skillet. Once hot add in shrimp and cook for 5-8 minutes or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- Take shrimp off heat and set aside.
- Pour soup into serving dish and top with shrimp and desired toppings. Serve cold.
- Omit corn for Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- This serves 2 as a meal, or about 4 as an appetizer.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.