Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/baked-bbq-chicken-breast/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place chicken breasts on a steady surface between two sheets of parchment or plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each to an even thickness of 1”.
- Place chicken inside a 9x13” baking dish. Pour the apple cider vinegar over the chicken and rub on the coconut sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, chili powder and cayenne on both sides of the chicken. Pierce the chicken lightly with a fork all over. Let the chicken marinate for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the chicken and cook until the chicken is nearly finished cooking through, to 155º-160ºF, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and loosely cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes while the temperature of the chicken continues to cook from residual heat.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
- If you are using a store-bought barbecue sauce that is already very sweet, you can omit the sugar in this recipe.
Loading nutrition data...