These Savory Chorizo Breakfast Bowls are a perfect hearty and filling brunch or make-ahead breakfast! I mean, isn’t everything just better when served in a BOWL and with a soft-boiled egg on top? Simply prepare all of the ingredients the night before, toss in a bowl, and devour! Throw all of the ingredients in a mason jar or to-go container to enjoy this on-the-go!
There’s not much I love more than a hearty breakfast to fuel me for the day filled with protein, healthy fats, and carbs. I love that you can easily prep all of these ingredients ahead of time and package them up for multiple weekday breakfasts. Easy, portable, and delicious!
These bowls are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein to keep you energized and ready for the day ahead!
Find my guide on making the perfect hard/soft boiled eggs here.
Want other breakfast recipes? Try these:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 4 raw spicy chicken sausage links, casing removed
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed, set aside more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 vine tomatoes
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, halved
- Coarse sea salt, for garnish
- With your hands, tear the stems off the kale and either chop or tear the kale into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the kale into a bowl with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Sauté kale until wilted and set aside.
- Remove the casing for the raw chicken sausage. Heat a medium skillet with just enough avocado oil to cover the pan. Add the sausage to the pan and toss with a spatula. Cook until fully cooked through and browned.
- Optional: Add cooked sausage to a food processor and process until ground.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Medium dice the sweet potato. In a large bowl toss the diced sweet potato with 1 tablespoon avocado oil, and a pinch of sea salt. Spread the sweet potato in a single layer on one side of the baking sheet.
- Dice the red onion into a small dice. Add the diced onion into the same large bowl and toss with one teaspoon of avocado oil and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the onion on the other side of the parchment lined sheet tray.
- Place the tomato (stems attached) on the same sheet tray if there is room. If not, line another sheet tray with parchment paper and bake the tomato separately.
- Place one or both sheet trays in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until sweet potato is tender, the tomato has started to blister, and the red onion has started to caramelize.
- Toss the red onion and sweet potato every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Fill up a pot with a small amount of water. Insert a steamer basket and bring the water to a boil. Steam the eggs for 5 minutes. Take off heat and run under water or place in a ice bath until cooled off. Store in the fridge unpeeled for up to two days, until ready to eat.
- Place all ingredients into your bowl, top with avocado and egg, and serve! Garnish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of coarse salt.
What is your favorite weekday breakfast?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!