Ahh…. the stacks are back! I love these because the presentation always looks great, and they are so customizable. This version has purple potatoes, organic farm fresh eggs, roasted organic tomato, and nitrate-free bacon. BUT, you can spin them in so many ways: eggs, salsa, potatoes, and avocado, anyone? Or as a dinner appetizer!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
Note: Quantity may change based on how many stacks you are making
- 5 purple potatoes
- 1/2 white sweet potato
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- Himalayan sea salt
- 6 organic farm-fresh eggs (or more)
- 1 organic plum tomato
- 4 strips nitrate-free bacon
Optional: sautéed spinach, avocado, and salsa
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut up potatoes, toss with oil and salt, and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked
- After 15 minutes, slice tomatoes and throw them on the baking sheet for the remaining 15 minutes
- Crack eggs and scramble in a pan over medium heat and set aside
- Cook bacon as per cooking directions and set aside
- Place your cookie cutter or food mold onto the center of your plate
- First layer: place potatoes to completely cover the bottom of the mold. Press down
- Second layer: add roasted tomato slices covering your potato layer, and press down
- Third layer: add scrambled eggs, and press down
- Forth layer: top with cut up bacon
- Pull mold straight up and serve
Benefits of Purple Potatoes:
- Switch from white potatoes to dark (purple)!
- The darker the flesh, the greater quantity of carotenoids
- Rich in antioxidants: anthocyanin and flavonoids
- Contains potassium, vitamin c, and fiber
- Contains blood-pressure lowering phytochemicals
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!