This Herb Chicken and Candied Pecan Salad is the perfect low-carb, flavorful, and tasty Summer salad! With a little bit of crunch, a hint of sweet, and a lot of flavor, this salad is my new favorite! Made in partnership with the American Pecan Council!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at the American Pecan Council to bring you today’s delicious salad. I am seriously obsessed with this one!
Pecans are one of my all-time favorite nuts. Their crisp and buttery texture and naturally sweet taste makes them my go-to for salads and other savory dishes.
They are low in carbs, high in fiber, and they contain the same heart-healthy unsaturated fats that are found in other nuts, but they’re among the highest in monounsaturated fats, including the beneficial oleic acid that’s found in olive oil!
Another fun fact? Pecans have 3 grams of protein per ounce and 11% daily value of fiber per ounce! A heart healthy, nutritious snack that is so delicious!
These candied pecans are next level amazing. You may remember my gift giving series this December. I packaged similar candied pecans as little gifts and they were an absolute hit. They’re even better in a salad!
I love this salad because it uses tons of fresh herbs from my garden and CSA, local mixed greens, and an AMAZING dressing.
A little bit of sweet, a little bit of salty, plus the candied pecan crunch!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups shelled pecans
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, more for greasing grill pan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/8th teaspoon red peppers flakes
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, champagne vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fresh apples, peaches, or apricots, sliced thin
- 2-4 cups mesclun greens or mixed greens
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, diced or brie cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 3 fresh figs, sliced in half
Grilled Herbed Chicken
Shallot Vinaigrette: (makes 1/2 cup)
Other Salad Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a half-sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white and water together until frothy.
- In a separate bowl mix together maple sugar and sea salt and set aside.
- Toss pecans in the frothed egg white mixture first and then place in spice mixture until evenly coated. Place on sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes. The pecans should be well coated in the maple sugar.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together garlic powder, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and fresh herbs.
- Coat chicken well in herb mixture.
- Place chicken on a greased grill or grill pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through. If using a grill pan, make sure to cover the chicken to ensure even cooking. Take chicken off heat, slice, and set aside until ready to eat.
- While chicken cooks, whisk salad dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Assemble all salad ingredients on a serving platter of choice. Save half of the candied pecans for snacking! Drizzle with shallot vinaigrette (1/4 cup or more, as desired) and devour!
This post is sponsored by the American Pecan Council. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!