Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/cherry-pie-bars/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Cherry Pie Bars
These gluten-free cherry pie bars have all the flavor of cherry pie without the time needed to actually making a pie! It uses almond flour to make the crust and the crumble topping and is jam-packed with fresh cherry flavor. These bars are gluten-free, grain-free, and the ultimate summer dessert!
For crumble crust and topping
For Cherry Filling
- 4 cups pitted cherries, halved (see note)
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8x8 baking dish with a parchment paper sling.
- In a large bowl add almond flour, tapioca, coconut oil (or butter), maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt and mix well until it turns into large crumbles. Place ⅔ of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile make cherry filling: in a medium saucepan add cherries, maple sugar, arrowroot and vanilla and mix well. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until filling becomes thick, about 5 minutes.
- Pour cherry mixture into parbaked crust and sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Do not substitute the maple syrup in the crust/topping with another sweetener, it will alter the recipe.
- You can substitute the maple sugar in the cherry mixture for coconut sugar if you wish.
- You can use frozen cherries here if you don't have fresh.
- Recipe and photos updated 5/16/19
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.