Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/chocolate-chip-coconut-macaroons/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons
These Healthy Coconut Macaroons are just like the classic but made gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free! You need only 6 ingredients to make them, and can optionally put a chocolate bottom on them or keep them traditional.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites and honey in a large bowl, until the mixture has started to turn white and frothy.
- Add in extracts, coconut and sea salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. It should thicken enough to easily handle the mixture. If it does not, add in 2 tablespoons more shredded coconut at a time. If it is too thick, add in a tablespoon of whisked egg white at a time.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips, if using.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls, about 2 heaping tablespoons each. If desired, pinch the tops of the macaroons to create a cubed shape.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown at the top.
- Let cool completely.
- If desired, melt the remainder of the chocolate over a double-boiler or slowly in the microwave. Dip the bottom of the macaroon in the melted chocolate and let the excess drip off. Return to the parchment paper sheet until fully cooled.
- Store macaroons in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Let sit at room temperature, if desired, before consuming.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.