Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/chocolate-chunk-pumpkin-scones/
© 2013 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones
Fall mornings call for these gluten-free and paleo-friendly Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones! Soft in the middle, crispy on the outside, and just the right amount of sweetness!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract and chocolate chunks and mix until soft dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball and place on lined baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough into a disc about 1-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into 8 wedges. Gently separate, but leave in a circle.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. I like a soft center, and take them out at 35 minutes, but let bake for 5-10 minutes longer, watching closely to avoid burning, if you like crispier scones.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Using the double boiler method or a microwave, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to make sure that the chocolate and oil is well combined.
- Once scones are cool, drizzle with chocolate and devour!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months!
*If the dough is too wet, slice with a wet knife. Let bake for 20 minutes. Slice again and separate scones. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until firm on the outside.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.