Paleo Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Everyone needs an amazing chocolate cupcakes recipe, and this one is ours! These Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes are moist with a deep chocolate flavor and simply delicious. They’re also dairy-free and made without any refined sweeteners. Grab a bowl and a whisk and head straight to the kitchen to whip some up!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
In my opinion, a chocolate cupcake should be at least three things: moist, rich and heavy on the chocolate flavor. These gluten free Chocolate Cupcakes check all those boxes and more! These simple-to-make cupcakes are a bit on the healthier side because they are dairy-free, made primarily with almond flour (hello nutrients!) and contain no added refined sugars. And the bonus is you only need two bowls and a whisk to make them! We have a few different options to frost them, including this dairy-free chocolate frosting. Whip them up for your next celebration or your next I-need-a-chocolate-cupcake kind of night!
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut flour
- Baking Powder and Soda
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Espresso Powder (optional)
- Coconut sugar
- Milk (We use almond)
- Avocado Oil
- Vanilla extract
We’ve made a few different frosting options over the years. This recipe uses a traditional chocolate buttercream, though it does use butter so it isn’t dairy-free. This recipe is for a vanilla buttercream.
If you need a dairy-free and paleo-friendly version, check out this recipe! It is a whipped chocolate ganache frosting that is simple to make. It’s also the version shown here in the photographs.
If you like this sweet treat, check out these others:
- Paleo Fudge (Nut-Free)
- Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies
- Cookie Truffles
- Paleo Chocolate Ganche Strawberry Cups
- Raspberry Swirl Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Everyone needs an amazing chocolate cupcakes recipe, and this one is ours! These Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes are moist with a deep chocolate flavor and simply delicious. They're also dairy-free and made without any refined sweeteners. Grab a bowl and a whisk and head straight to the kitchen to whip come up!
- 2 cups (200 grams) almond flour
- ½ cup (48 grams) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (21 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (we use almond)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and espresso in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut sugar, milk, avocado oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to combine completely.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes minutes, or until a toothpick inserted and removed is clean of any wet cake batter.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with this paleo frosting, this chocolate buttercream frosting or this vanilla buttercream frosting.
February 5, 2020
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!