Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/corned-beef-and-cabbage/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
This Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage comes out so just as tender and flavorful as the stove top version, but in half the time! This corned beef dinner with cabbage, potatoes and carrots is a the perfect dish for a classic for St. Patrick's Day, or really any time you are crazing a flavorful brisket for corned beef and hash or a pastrami sandwich!
- 3-4lb corned beef brisket (look for nitrate free or make your own here)
- 4 cups water
- ½ head green cabbage, sliced into 4 wedges
- 12 ounces small red potatoes (about 8)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced on the bias about 2”
- Parsley, for garnish
- Rinse the corned beef really well to remove any excess salt.
- Place a trivet (preferably one with handles) in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Place corned beef inside with 4 cups of water and cover.
- Cook on high pressure for 85 minutes. Release pressure naturally for 20 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove corned beef with trivet and set aside and keep warm.
- Place the cabbage, potatoes and carrots inside. Cover and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Use the manual release.
- Slice corned beef against the grain and serve with vegetables, mustard and parsley garnish.
- If using the 6 quart you may need to slice the corned beef in half to fit. Slice in half and stack each piece next to each other, but not on top of one another
- After cooking if you wish to remove the fat cap on the brisket, feel free to do so.
- Too cook on the stove top:
- In a large pot add the brisket and cover with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Check periodically to make sure the water hasn't reduced below the beef, and if it has add more as needed.
- Add cabbage, potatoes and carrots and cook for 1 more hour or until the meat is fork tender.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.