Baked Buffalo Wings
Crispy, saucy and so delicious, these Baked Buffalo Wings are the perfect appetizer recipe for game day or for just about any day! I’m sharing all my tips for making crispy wings in the oven!
- Prep Time: 00:05
- Cook Time: 00:55
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
For Baked Wings:
- 2–3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s Original Hot Sauce)
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (totally optional, for extra heat)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel, and then coat the chicken wings in oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes, flip them over, and then cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the wings are crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the buffalo sauce: Heat hot sauce and butter together in a small pot. Once butter is melted, whisk together.
- Carefully add cooked wings and 3/4 of the buffalo sauce to a large bowl. Toss together.
- Transfer the wings back to the baking rack and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle the remaining sauce on top of the wings, or set aside for dipping. Serve wings warm with dipping sauce of choice, and cut up veggies.
Want to make your own ranch? Check out this post, which features a homemade ranch dressing.
This recipe was originally published in 2014, updated in 2018, and republished in 2021 with new photos.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 266mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 83g
Keywords: Baked Buffalo Wings