Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/crock-pot-stuffed-pepper-soup/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed Pepper Soup is the perfect cold weather meal! Loaded with all of your favorite stuffed pepper flavors, but without the hassle of having to actually stuff peppers. It's easily cooked in either the crock pot or the Instant Pot and this hearty soup is also gluten-free and optionally dairy-free.
To Make in the Crock Pot:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. When hot cook the beef until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of oil.
- To a slow cooker add browned beef and all remaining ingredients except the rice. Mix to combine. Sprinkle the rice over the top of the mixture and close the lid.
- Let cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Once the rice is cooked through, season to taste and serve, garnish with optional scallions and cheddar cheese and serve.
To Cook in the Instant Pot:
- Set Instant Pot to saute function. Heat oil and add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of excess oil.
- Add onions and peppers and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Shut off the saute function.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes, with a 5 minute natural release. Release any remaining pressure.
- Garnish as desired, and serve immediately.
To Cook on the Stove top:
- Heat a large pot and add a teaspoon of oil.
- Once hot, add the ground beef and cook through until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add in the peppers and onions and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook until the vegetables and the rice are tender, about 25 minutes. Add any additional broth as needed to thin out the soup.
- Serve immediately with garnish of choice.
- We are instructing to use uncooked rice here for the ease of making this without needing leftover rice. If you DO have leftover rice you wish to use up, feel free to make this soup as stated and add in the leftover rice at the end of the cooking time until it is warmed through.
- To make this Whole30 and Paleo friendly omit the white rice. You can substitute in cauliflower rice to cook at the end until heated through. Also for Whole30 omit the coconut sugar.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.