Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/crunchy-granola/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Chunky Gluten-Free Granola
- 4 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds (I use slivered raw almonds, chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and whole raw almonds)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of salt
- Optional: 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 3 tablespoons organic pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic molasses
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1 large egg white, whisked well until frothy
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking sheet liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine organic oats, nuts/seeds, and flaxseed meal, with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice (if using), a dash of salt, and optional coconut sugar if adding.
- In a small saucepan heat the oil, honey, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup, and molasses. Once the mixture starts to boil, take off heat and pour over nut mixture. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white until frothy. Add to the granola mixture and mix well.
- Pour onto baking sheet and bake, until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning. Add the dried fruit of choice and stir well.
- Let cool, without mixing, and once cool break into clusters and store in an air-tight container for 2-4 weeks.
- *I generally add the dried fruit as I eat. When mixed in during baking, and then stored I have found that the dried fruit gets hard after about a week. If you are serving the granola right away, feel free to mix them in.
- **Adding whisked egg whites to the granola helps create clusters and make it extra crunchy!
- *** Photos updated May, 2017.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.