Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/cucumber-salad-yogurt-dressing/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas and Green Yogurt Dressing
For Crispy Chickpeas
- 2-15oz cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Zest from 1 lemon
For Quick Pickled Red Onion
For Green Yogurt Dressing
- 1 1/2 cup Silk Almond Milk Plain Yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For Base Salad
- 3 tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1/2 large english cucumber or 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, rough chopped
- 1 cup pickled red onion or pepperoncini (see notes)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 cup feta (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas really well. Pour on to clean kitchen towel and rub chickpeas dry. The skins will start to loosen.
- Place dried chickpeas in large bowl leaving behind any skins. Add 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place chickpeas on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Place chickpeas back in bowl and toss to coat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, garlic powder and lemon zest. Place back on baking sheet and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
Make Quick-Pickled Red Onion:
- Put 2 cups water in medium sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Place 3/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup water, salt, honey and peppercorns in mason jar.
- Once water has boiled, turn off heat and place in onion slices. Leave in hot water for 1 minute.
- Drain and using tongs place blanched onions inside mason jar.
- Place in refrigerator to cool at least 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until dressing just starts to tint green.
- Toss tomato, cucumber, roasted peppers, scallions, optional feta and 1 cup pickled onions and season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup of dressing and toss.
- When ready to serve top with crispy chickpeas.
- This salad taste phenomenal with the pickled red onion, but if you preferred to skip this step you can swap it out with pepperoncini.
- This salad is best served the day it is made, but if you prefer to make ahead for meal prep keep the chickpeas separate and add when ready to serve only to ensure crispness.
- Crispy chickpeas will keep for 5 days at room temperature in a sealed jar.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.