Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-black-bean-soup/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Black Bean Soup (Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 jalapeño, fine dice with seeds (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 or 2 teaspoons chipotle powder (choose your heat level, or omit. We use 2)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 3-14.5 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinse
- for garnish: cilantro sprigs, cotija cheese (optional: leave out for vegan) and avocado
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot add oil, onion, carrots and celery and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add jalepeño, garlic and all seasoning and spices and cook for 1 minute to toast them (be careful not to breathe in any spicy steam).
- Add in lime juice, vegetable stock and black beans. Raise the heat to high to bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetable stock reduced and the soup has thickened slightly.
- If you want to puree the soup (we do), reserve 1-2 cups on the side. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Stir in the reserved soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado and cotija cheese, if using.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.