Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-gluten-free-gravy/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Gluten-Free Gravy
- 2 cups chicken broth (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, picked (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan add broth, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme (if using), salt, pepper and lemon juice. Heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water until smooth, to create a slurry to thicken the gravy.
- Add slurry to broth, and whisk immediately to combine. Continue to boil and thicken up for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in butter to combine, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- If you are making this for a roasted chicken or turkey dinner you should absolutely use the pan drippings! Measure out the pan drippings and add additional turkey or chicken broth to equal 2 cups of liquid.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.