Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-pumpkin-soup/
© 2015 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 1 small pumpkin (2 1/2 cups), cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Chili Garlic Oil
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 2 red chilis, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Follow these directions to roast pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- In your dutch oven heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in cubed pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Add in chicken stock just covering the pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- Transfer to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired (i.e. more salt, pepper).
- In a small pot, heat oil with garlic and chilis. Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Strain and set aside.
- Garnish soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and optional garlic chili oil!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.