Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-pumpkin-soup/
© 2015 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 1 small pumpkin (2 1/2 cups), cubed
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Chili Garlic Oil
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 2 red chilis, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Follow these directions to roast pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- In your dutch oven heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in cubed pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Add in chicken stock just covering the pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- Transfer to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired (i.e. more salt, pepper).
- In a small pot, heat oil with garlic and chilis. Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Strain and set aside.
- Garnish soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and optional garlic chili oil!
Loading nutrition data...