Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/easy-stovetop-popcorn/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
Homemade popcorn is a thousand times better than any alternative and is really simple to make. We're talking all about the magic of How to Make Stovetop Popcorn at home (without any fancy equipment) that you can customize to your taste.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- melted butter and salt, for serving (optional)
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the oil and two popcorn kernels and cover the pot.
- Once the popcorn has popped the oil is ready. Add the remaining popcorn kernels and return the cover. Remove the pot from the heat for 30 seconds. This ensures the oil doesn't overheat.
- Return the pan to heat. Give the pan a shake every few seconds as you wait for the popcorn to start popping. Once it starts to pop rapidly give the pan a good shake to make sure the kernels pop evenly.
- Once the popping has slowed down, and let the steam vent by moving the cover on the pan slightly.
- Once all the popping has stopped, pour into a large bowl.
- Add toppings while hot and toss until it coats the popcorn evenly.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use another oil such as avocado oil.
- If at any point you smell smoke, or you see smoke (not steam) shut off the heat. You will have to start over as the oil and kernels have burned and the smell will permeate the popcorn.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.