Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/egg-roll-soup/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Egg Roll Soup
This Egg Roll Soup is an easy, weeknight dinner that is full of the flavor of an egg roll, without any of the fuss of wrapping and frying! This veggie and pork soup is family friendly and would make great leftovers! We also offer options to make it vegetarian, and it's already Paleo, Whole30 and Keto friendly too!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 cups water
- ½ green cabbage (about 16 ounces, or 4 cups), cored and diced to 1” pieces
- 2 large carrots (about 2 cups), shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (see note)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot add oil and brown pork, about 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add another splace of oil if the pot is dry and then add onion, red pepper, ginger and salt. Stir and cook until vegetables beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water and scrape up any browned bits. Add cabbage, carrots and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- If you don't have rice wine vinegar, you can substitute white wine vinegar or lime juice.
To make vegetarian: substitute in mushrooms for the pork, and veggie stock for the beef broth.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.