Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/eggs-benedict-breakfast-bar/
© 2017 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bar
- Make Sandwich bread as directed in the post.
- Make sweet potato buns as directed in the post.
- Make the Caramelized Onions: In a skillet over low heat add 1 tablespoon oil or butter and onions and cook until soft, brown, and nicely caramelized, stirring often. If starting to burn, add a tablespoon of water. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- Poach the eggs: Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a medium-sized pot. Add in 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Crack egg into a small ramekin. Using a spoon, stir the water in a circular motion until you reach a whirlpool effect. Slide the egg into the center of the whirlpool. Gently cook the egg for 3-6 minutes depending on how runny you like it. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water and plate it on a plate. Repeat with additional eggs. These directions can also be found on page 66 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook!
- Roasted Tomatoes: Set the oven to broil, and broil the tomatoes whole until they start to blister. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small skillet, sauté spinach just until it starts to wilt. Take off heat and set aside.
- Slice avocado and chives and set aside.
- Make the hollandaise sauce: In a double boiler, melt butter. While butter is melting, place egg yolks, lemon juice, and spices in a blender and cover. On low speed, slowly pour the melted butter into the blender in a steady stream until the butter and egg yolk are well blended. If the sauce is thick slowly add in water, until you have reached a slightly thick and runny consistency. Taste and adjust spices as needed. Serve warm in serving dish of choice!
- Build the Eggs Benedict of your choosing and devour!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.