Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/gluten-free-classic-potato-latkes/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Classic Potato Latkes
- Peel and grate the potatoes (you can use a food processor or grate by hand) then place in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Peel and grate the onions.
- Add both grated mixture to a fine mesh strainer lined with a cheese cloth if you have, and strain as much excess water out as possible.
- Place strained mixture into a large bowl. Mince garlic and add it to the bowl with the potato and onion.
- Add in the eggs, arrowroot flour/starch, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup of oil into a large pan and heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, make patties out of the potato mixture (squeeze out even more excess liquid as you make patties) and pan-fry until brown on both sides. Should take about 3-4 minutes on each side but watch closely to avoid burning. Add more oil as needed.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream and enjoy!
- Makes 10-12 large latkes.
- Paired with the Homemade Apple Sauce in the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook!
- If using a food processor to grate potatoes/onion, don't over process!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.