Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/grain-free-cranberry-apple-crisp/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Cranberry Apple Crisp
This healthy Gluten Free Apple Crisp is the perfect healthier dessert for the holidays. It's made without oats and is sweetened just right!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl combine sliced apples, lemon juice, cranberries, arrowroot, cinnamon, salt and combine together. Then add in maple syrup and mix together. If possible, let the fruit macerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make topping. Add almond flour, walnuts, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and whisk together. Add in vanilla extract, sweetener and coconut oil. Using a fork of your fingers, mix together until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the fruit filling and any juices into a 9x9" (or similar sized) baking dish. Crumble the crisp topping over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, until the juice is bubbling and the apples are baked through. If the crisp topping is browning too fast, cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Let cool slightly, or overnight, before serving. Serve as is, with coconut whipped cream or ice cream.
- It is not essential to let the apples macerate, but it helps make for a juicer apple crisp.
- This recipe was originally published in 2013, and republished in 2019 with updated photos.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.